I’m not a big fan of Andrew’s new student debt video.

Student Loans

Apr 22, 2019
I watched and Andrew made same really good points, but I have one major grievance. He acts like he knows what it’s like to walk in their shoes. I get it that a lot of people of student (possibly even Andrew himself), but not everyone truly knows each other’s background. Some people may have been educated and they use their knowledge to get out of student debt. These people probably need a little constructive criticism. However, there’s also a large proportion of people who don’t know how to get help, let alone know that they can get any. Some people are never taught this. Others may have fended for themselves for so long or have relied just on themselves that they forget that getting help is an option. These should be critiqued too, but we can’t blame them for not knowing that there are other options after they made their choice I’m not saying that this is entirely Andrews fault for judging based on an assumption, because the video only showed smaller snippets into these people’s lives. However, I think we should at least try to understand what they are doing or how they learned bad techniques.

Andrew, if you’re reading this. I think it’s a good video, but at least try to understand them more. I know that the purpose of the video was to say that it was college debt itself that’s bad, but it’s the choices made. However, i think you judged them too harshly as if they should know better and that they’re bad people and don’t deserve college degrees.

One quick side note: drama, political science, and film degrees are not horrible degrees. Some of them can actually be put to good use. I know drama, political science, and especially film are growing industries. Amazon (and Netflix too I think) give smaller film makers great opportunities by giving them a platform to put their smaller films on. Drama can be used to do plays. Political science is tricky, but they can be used for things like making a channel similar to Andrew’s to educate others. There are less risky options as well.

Hate Student Debt

Jun 16, 2019
I tried to watch that video but it says it's blocked in my country because it contains material from bps. I have the screen shot of it.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
I agree with that you don’t have to go deeper on every video. I like your videos the way they are (and open to change). I would say that if you wanted to go in depth, you could make podcasts.

Regarding the purpose of the video, I guess I didn’t see it that way. I just graduated high school and am going to college next year (Gig em!). I was fortunate enough that my high school was able to educate us ahead of time about financial smartness, however I know a lot of school that aren’t able to do this.

The last paragraph is a little dicey for me. I agree that everyone is responsible for their decisions and actions. However, some people don’t know any better until it’s too late. At that point they can only blame themselves, which can spiral downwards to become the video you critiqued.

I don’t want to rant about this topic without a solution. I think what needs to be done is create available education to everyone before they go to college. It’s a daunting task, but it’s possible. I’m not suggesting you to do it, and I know I wouldn’t be able to do it either.

I don’t expect you to cover all the angles in a single 10 minute video. I just wanted to critique your video. I know that I’m not perfect and neither are you. I made this post only to point out a few things that could have made your video better for you and the viewers. It’s like an essay: it may be the best essay in the entire world, yet a dumb blonde can point out an error.

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
Maybe she didn’t know taking 11 loans was bad? Some people don’t have the right education on this. It’s sad. I’m not excusing them for their actions, but something should be done to prevent this, like educating high schoolers before they go to college.

Student Loans

Apr 22, 2019
I’m not sure if you read my whole post or not. I said that the degrees mentioned are not useless. People just don’t know how to use them properly in some cases. Others don’t know where or how to look for opportunities utilizing their degree. I think one of many solutions to this is to create more available education about resources for student debt and utilizing degrees.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
I said the degrees weren’t horrible. They aren’t the greatest either. The key to success with the degrees is knowing that the field is either over saturated or it’s hard to use the degree for a career or vocational purpose. They just have to work the hardest they’ve ever worked while knowing that success will not be imminent nor completely guaranteed. Some people choose degrees like liberal arts or political science because that’s something they absolutely love. I’m not going to knock on someone for doing what they love as long as it doesn’t harm others. I will inform them if they are misinformed, but I won’t try to stop any nonharmful dreams they have.